Warrenheip Primary School
There have been facilities for education in Warrenheip for over 140 years. A goldfields school [No 674] was opened in a building rented from the Wesleyan authorities in June 1860. This school operated with the assistance of Government aid and school fees. In 1863 there were 49 pupils enrolled, increasing to 151 by 1874.
It had become obvious to the community that a new school was required to solve the problem of overcrowding. The local community became very active in its efforts to have the government establish a new school.
Warrenheip Primary School was opened on its current site in 1875.